A MESSAGE FROM OUR FOUNDER…
Dearest Symphony of Soul Family,
Since its inception 21 years ago, Symphony of Soul has provided uplifting, live Musical Medicine for the Soul to tens of thousands of people in Central Texas. However, due to COVID-19, its subsequent variants, and the fragile population we serve, we have felt it necessary to put our services on hold.
Symphony of Soul’s full mission is to uplift and serve the community with the arts in various forms, including music, fine art, dance, video, film, theatre, and more. However, the last 21 years were devoted to providing Musical Medicine for the Soul to people in care centers and, most recently, focusing on people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
With your support, Symphony of Soul has:
- Delivered healing Musical Medicine for the Soul to over 50,000 people in more than 65 Central Texas care centers;
- Served abused children, battered women, hospice patients, homeless families, and people coping with cancer, Alzheimer’s, addiction, mental illness, and developmental disabilities;
- Provided over half a million dollars in financial support to our diverse and carefully vetted roster of 165 professional touring and recording artists;
- Produced 400 Symphony of Soul musical performances a year for several years;
- Partnered with UT Dell Medical School to conduct studies on the effects of live music on people with Alzheimer’s, thanks to a generous grant from the St. David’s Foundation.
Though Symphony of Soul remains devoted to serving the community, we have decided to remain on hiatus until further notice. As I mull over the possibilities for Symphony of Soul, I am staying busy performing and creating new projects; I will keep you apprised as updates become available.
I am forever grateful for your tremendous support over the last 21 years, and I thank you for your friendship.
With blessings and appreciation,
Leslie Hyland Rodgers